Colinton Garden Club was established over 40 years ago. The Garden Club members share their love of gardening, gardens and nature, and work together to preserve and add value to our quality of life here in the south-west of Edinburgh, close to the Pentland Hills. We meet regularly to hear excellent speakers, take part in organised outings, enjoy social events, and warmly welcome new members to our club. For information on how to join, please visit the Membership Page.
NEWS FOR MEMBERS
- The upcoming Scottish Rock Garden Club Show will take place on Saturday 13th April 2019 from 10.30am till 3.30pm in Fairmilehead Parish Church, Frogston Road West, Edinburgh. Handy for us Colintonians!
- On Friday 26th April 2019 a visit to the newly restored Saughton Park has been organised. The visit will begin at 10.00 am and we will be met at the car park which can be accessed via Stenhouse Avenue and then along Fords Road. There is no charge, but if you would like to attend please give your name to Susan - email@example.com
- Don't forget our 40th Anniversary is coming up - and there will be some surprises. At our AGM on Tuesday 29th April 2019, we would like you to bring along any item of a botanical nature with a red theme for the traditional exhibition, and to bring a photo of yourself taken 40 years ago in 1979... and please wear your rubies - or something red! There will be an exhibition of the Club's activities over the years
- The May Evening Open Garden will be on Tuesday 14th May 2019 in a magnificent garden in the Murrayfield area of Edinburgh. This will start at 6.30pm - please use your own transport and indicate if you need - or can give a lift to - members. You can sign up at the next members' meeting on 25th March, and the cost is £4. More details in the newsletter
- Our Open Gardens and Plant Sale will be on Saturday 8th June 2019, 10.00 – 12.00 am in Colinton. The gardens will be in Bonaly Road, Bonaly Crescent and Dreghorn Loan. More details in the newsletter
- Our annual outing will be on Saturday 29th June 2019 and will be a visit to Portmore Garden in Eddlestaon, and Blackdykes near North Berwick. More details in the newsletter
- And finally... Ploy Bunluesilp, a student at Edinburgh College, who is doing an HND in Audio Visual Technology, is making a promotional video for us, as part of her course. She has offered to film the activities of Colinton Garden Club for us, and the video is planned to last 2/3 minutes. She will film at some of our next few meetings and will tell you when she plans to start (appearance in the video not compulsory)