October Plant Sale
October 2 @ 10:30 am - 12:30 pm
The Garden Club is holding its annual Coffee Morning and Plant and Bulb Sale at its usual venue in the Church Hall in Westgarth Ave. We hope that you will be able to come! Entrance and refreshments will be free for paid-up members. Non-members may join at the door (only £8 per annum!). It is hoped that card payments will be possible on the Club’s new card reader, but please bring cash as well – just in case…
As well as Refreshments, there will be a Plant Stall, Bulb Stall, Cakes, Jams and Chutneys for sale, Produce Stall, Books & Garden Accessories Stall and the Seed Swap Box! We will be complying with the Hall’s Covid safety precautions by minimising queues or crowding, offering sanitizer, wearing masks, and collecting names and phone numbers of all who are attending.
As always, we are appealing for donations of plants, accessories and baking to sell for the Club’s funds. Please start potting up rooted cuttings, seedlings and unwanted plants now! We welcome
- All potted plants – for house or garden – clearly labelled with their names.
- Home grown produce – we want your excess apples, plums, carrots, tomatoes, etc!
- Home Baking – Cakes that we can sell along with the coffees and teas
- Unwanted Gardening Books
- Garden Accessories – ceramic plant pots (not plastic ones), unwanted tools, etc
- Seeds for our (free) seed swap box. Packeted and labelled please.
- Homemade jams and chutneys
Your donations may be brought along to the hall on the actual morning from 8.30am onwards.